An annual gynecological review helps to prevent or detect any type of alteration or pathology that appears in women in time. That is why it is so important to go periodically, even if there are no symptoms or pain.
Specialists recommend starting these reviews at the beginning of sexual intercourse, when it is considered that these relations will begin or after irregular or painful periods.
Where can I have a gynecological examination in Tenerife?
At THIS we offer all our patients high-quality services from a large number of medical specialties (including, of course, gynecology). In addition, we work with professionals of recognized prestige both in the Canary Islands and at the national level and centers on the island of Tenerife that have state-of-the-art medical technology.
On the other hand, we offer you exclusive and personalized attention in your language, accompanying you throughout the entire process of your consultation or treatment and all of this at a very competitive price.
For all treatments and consultations related to gynecology and obstetrics, we have one of the most important centers on the island of Tenerife, which is Ginefem. That is why, when you book your comprehensive gynecological review through our online store, you have the guarantee of doing it with a specialized clinic, directed by Dr. Francisco Montes de Oca, which has a professional team of recognized prestige and technological team of first level specialized in improving the genito-urinary health of all patients.
What advantages does the THIS online store have?
These are the keys that will make you decide to buy or reserve your gynecological review for free in the online store of THIS:
- Personalized attention: At THIS we speak your language, so if you book a treatment from our website and have questions, we will assist you in whatever you need.
- Guarantee: We offer the treatments of our associated centers, so they have the same validity as if you book them directly in the centers.
- Assistance to patients: Both by phone and email we will answer all your questions about the services we offer.
- We open every day: Being an online store we do not have the restrictions of medical centers. Treatments are available for you to reserve 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
How to get your gynecological review through our online store?
Buying or booking a consultation for the annual gynecological review is very easy, pay attention:
- Enter the store page: https://thismedical.com/en/online-store/
- Search for the treatment or consultation you want, you can help us from our search engine or search by specialties.
- You can add it to the cart to pay for the consultation or press the “Book for free” button and pay for the consultation when you arrive at the clinic.
- You will receive an instant confirmation of your query and you will have completed the process.
How much does a gynecological examination cost in Tenerife?
As you already know, specialists recommend having a gynecological review at least once a year (and even some even more times, depending on the needs of each patient) since they help us to know the current state of gynecological health and to prevent pathologies.
That is why it is important to do a gynecological review in a specialized clinic with years of experience that can guarantee a correct diagnosis. Many pathologies, such as cancer, can be detected in time with a good review every year, so if you have not had it done this year yet, request your consultation in our online store.
Through our online store, you can buy your comprehensive gynecological revision consultation for 130 euros. Remember that you can also reserve it completely free of charge and pay the amount once you arrive at the clinic.
What is a gynecological review?
If you decide to book the comprehensive gynecological review at Ginefem, a clinic associated with THIS, you will see that this treatment consists of different phases:
- Preparation of the patient’s medical history. This is essential if it is the first time that the patient undergoes a review in the clinic since it will allow, in future visits, to assess their evolution.
- Exploration of the breasts, vulva, vagina and cervix to detect any possible condition or irregularity.
- Transvaginal ultrasound. In order to make a correct assessment of the uterus, endometrium and ovaries, this minimally invasive technique is used without side effects.
- Vaginal cytology. Based on the results obtained in the exploration and ultrasound, a cytology may be required.
Who should go and when to start doing the reviews?
Gynecological reviews are recommended for all women at least once a year and some specialists even recommend that they be more times a year if it is necessary to control some more serious pathologies.
However, there is doubt among many women when these reviews should be started. From THIS we recommend that all women, from the moment they start having sex, go to their gynecologist for their first check-ups.
On the other hand, it is also important that those women who have very painful or irregular rules also ask for an appointment to rule out pathologies and regulate these abnormal menstruations.
What is a cytology?
Although exploration and ultrasound are tests that more or less everyone understands how they are performed, vaginal cytology is not a test whose function and function is well known. This technique is used to diagnose possible lesions in the uterus that could develop cancer cells in the future. In addition, it allows a hormonal detection of the area.
It is not risky for patients and tests are done on the vaginal walls, vaginal discharge, exocervix, and endocervix. Once these samples have been obtained, a group of experts analyzes them under a microscope to determine the gynecological health status of the patients.
What pathologies can detect a gynecological review?
The best known to all patients is, without a doubt, cancer. Whether in the vagina, on the cervix, or in the breasts (since the comprehensive review includes a breast review), cancer cells can develop causing great discomfort among women.
However, this test also allows detecting a series of pathologies that are also important and should not be worsened:
- Galactorrhea: This pathology that can affect both men and women consists of the secretion of milk by one or both nipples.
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is the most frequent infection among women and is caused by an alteration in the vaginal flora. Although it is a pathology that can disappear over time, to avoid discomfort it must be diagnosed and treated early.
- Clitoral hypertrophy: When the clitoris is larger than normal and can cause discomfort when having sex.
- Menstrual disorders: Such as lack of menstruation (amenorrhea), ataxia, hypermenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, or premenstrual syndrome.
- Vaginal atrophy: It includes the changes that occur in the vagina with the reduction of estrogens that are accompanied by itching, pain, itching, prolapse and decreased discharge.
- Hydrosalpinx: If the fallopian tubes do not work properly, it is impossible to get pregnant and therefore what is called tubal sterility. This can occur because the tubes are blocked and do not allow sperm to pass.
- Polycystic ovary: In the short-medium term, this pathology can cause menstrual irregularity, excess hair or acne and even sterility due to altered ovulation.
- Candidiasis: At least 75% of women will have an episode of candidiasis at some point in their lives and its diagnosis can be made with a physical examination due to reddened external genitalia and abnormal vaginal discharge that characterize it.
Other pathologies: Such as pelvic inflammatory disease, vulvovaginitis, dyspareunia, urinary incontinence …