The aging of our eyes is completely natural and it is very normal for people of a certain age (approximately between 40 and 45 years old) to begin to have problems in being able to correctly see the objects that are closest.
This pathology, called presbyopia or tired sight, cannot be prevented, since it is a completely natural process of the human being, but it can be improved or corrected thanks to presbyopia surgery.
How is a presbyopia operation performed in Tenerife?
To perform the surgery that allows presbyopia to be corrected, topical anesthesia in the form of drops is used and does not require hospitalization of the patient; being an intervention with a very fast functional recovery and that does not entail pain for the patient.
The technique used for the intervention, called phacoemulsification, consists of two phases. First, by applying ultrasound, the lens dissolves and is aspirated through various incisions that have been made. Once this is done, a diffractive multifocal intraocular lens of a biocompatible material is implanted to reduce the chances of rejection. This lens will allow the patient to have a clear vision both at far and near distances, thus eliminating the need to wear glasses.
Where can I have a presbyopia operation in Tenerife?
At THIS we offer high quality services from a large number of medical specialties to all our patients; including ophthalmology-related treatments. In order to guarantee the best services and the best facilities for the ocular health care of our patients, we work with a reference clinic throughout the Canary Islands such as Miranza Clínica Muiños.
But they have not only reached this conclusion, but can be suspended in the environment for at least 3 hours. We believe that when choosing a clinic in which to have a treatment to correct an eye problem, it is important to do so in one that offers you reliable results, so that you do not have to repeat the intervention in the future. For this reason, we work with the clinic run by Dr. José Alberto Muiños, which has a first-rate technological team fully focused on guaranteeing a significant improvement in the eye health of its patients.
Why should you have the presbyopia operation through THIS?
From THIS we offer you an online environment in which you can buy all your treatments and consultations or simply book them for free and pay them later at any of our associated clinics. Among the advantages of our online store you can find:
- Personalized assistance: Not everyone has the same needs, nor does he speak the same language. That is why at THIS we offer you assistance in your language and specific to answer all your questions.
- Always available: Our online store is open for you 365 days a year and 24 hours a day so that you can buy or reserve completely free of charge all the treatments you want from the various medical specialties we offer.
- Guarantee: If you purchase consultations or treatments from our online store, you will have the same guarantee as if you do it directly in the centers.
- Assistance: For all your doubts about the operation of the store or about the treatments, we answer your questions by email email@example.com or by phone 659 221 551.
- Instant confirmation: Once your purchase or reservation has been confirmed, you will receive a digital confirmation of the treatment you have acquired so that you can present it at the center in question.
How much does the presbyopia operation cost?
As you already know, at THIS we work with the best centers in Tenerife to offer all our patients the best diagnosis and treatment for their pathologies. And we also do it by offering very competitive prices.
Therefore, if you decide to buy your presbyopia operation now through our online store it will cost you a total of 5,700 euros. You also have the option of making a completely free reservation and paying for treatment directly at the clinic (a total of 6,000 euros).
Whichever option you choose, we want you to keep in mind that a presbyopia operation greatly improves the vision of patients who undergo it. Therefore, you must trust a clinic that offers great results and that has the best equipment and the best human team, such as Miranza Clínica Muiños.
What do we call tired sight or presbyopia?
The natural aging of our eyes causes people over 40-45 years old to start developing a pathology called presbyopia or tired eyesight, causing them to have trouble seeing the closest objects.
Due to age-associated hardening of the lens, the eye is unable to focus light directly on the retina, causing the eye to fail to focus on nearby objects correctly. Among the most common symptoms of presbyopia we find:
- Problems seeing nearby objects (especially noticeable when reading)
- Visual fatigue
Contraindications to presbyopia surgery?
Like many other surgical procedures, there are requirements to be able to undergo presbyopia surgery. Before undergoing it, it is important to consult a specialist so that he can make an assessment of the needs of your eyes.
Presbyopia surgery is not recommended for patients with any intraocular pathology such as macular disorders, glaucoma, retinal pathology, among others. Furthermore, patients with strabismus or astigmatism with more than 1 diopter or amblyopia should also not undergo this treatment.
How to get my presbyopia surgery?
So that you have no doubts when purchasing your treatments through our online store, we have prepared this simple step-by-step guide:
- The first thing you should do is enter our online store.
- Once here you can search for the treatment you want to acquire. We recommend filtering by ophthalmology specialty, to make it easier for you to find the presbyopia operation.
- You can add your purchase to the cart to pay instantly or reserve it completely free and pay at the clinic. You choose
- Whether you buy it or reserve it, you will receive a confirmation message and you can go to the clinic.