Early diagnosis helps prevent injuries or orthopedic problems during childhood and adolescence, since it allows treatment to begin as soon as possible. At these ages the body is still developing, so the correction of pathologies is faster than in adults.
However, if an early diagnosis of all these pathologies is not made and, therefore, they are not treated in time, they can worsen in such a way that they become a recurring discomfort throughout their lives. For this reason, at THIS we work with CECOTEN, specialists in Child Traumatology and Orthopedics to offer all our patients the Child Traumatology and Orthopedics Consultation.
What is a pediatric orthopedic consultation?
One of the greatest advantages of the CECOTEN Children’s Traumatology and Orthopedics Consultation is that you have at your disposal a multidisciplinary team made up of rheumatologists, traumatologists, orthopedists, physiotherapists and rehabilitation doctors. In this way, patients can receive a more accurate diagnosis and treatment; as well as advice when recovering after the injury.
In the consultation, specialists first ask the patient a series of questions in front of their parents and carry out the first physical examination tests to check the extent of the injury. Once this is done, this exploration is complemented with the performance of an imaging diagnostic test, such as X-rays or ultrasounds that allow us to know exactly the state of the injured tissue.
Once these results are obtained, specialists develop a personalized treatment for the patient evaluating the different options, both surgical and non-surgical, and control sessions are established to monitor the treatment.
Finally, once the treatment has concluded, the medical specialists refer the patient to the Rehabilitation Service so that he can recover the correct mobility of the tissue that had been injured.
Why should you buy a children’s orthopedic consultation through the THIS online store?
In our online store you can purchase this consultation, as well as other consultations and treatments for a wide variety of medical specialties or simply book them completely free of charge and then pay for them at the corresponding clinics. Do you want to know what are the advantages of our online store?
- Assistance: We answer all questions you have about the operation of our online store or the services we offer in it. Contact us at email email@example.com
- Instant confirmation: Whether you pay the consultation directly or simply book it for free to pay at the clinic later, you will receive an instant confirmation so you can show it in the center of the consultation.
- Guarantee: All the treatments in our online store have the same guarantee as in any of our associated centers.
- Total availability: Our online store is open all year round, 24 hours a day so that you can purchase or reserve any of our treatments at any time.
- We speak your language: If you do not speak Spanish but still want to buy or reserve a consultation or treatment for free in our online store, we encourage you to do so. You can contact us in your language and we will help you with everything you need to acquire the medical services you need.
How much does this consultation cost?
At THIS we offer our patients the best treatments and the most complete consultations to be able to detect and treat all their pathologies correctly and we also do it always offering very competitive prices.
If you decide to buy the Child Traumatology and Orthopedics Consultation from our online store it will cost you a total of 90 euros. On the other hand, we also offer you the option to book the consultation from our store completely free of charge and pay later at the clinic (100 euros).
Whatever you decide, you must take into account how essential it is to make an early and accurate diagnosis of the musculoskeletal pathologies of children and adolescents, so that they do not affect their growth and do not become real problems in the future.
What pathologies can be detected?
Among the most common pathologies of children and adolescents who come to the Children’s Orthopedic Consultation we find:
- Fractures: In ankles, wrists, arm, tibia.
- Sprains: Knee, ankle, wrist.
- Dislocations: That is, the displacement of the joints
- Muscle fiber breaks: Elongations (due to intense muscle fatigue) and bruising.
- Deformities: Of spine, arms, legs and feet; as well as those caused by neuromuscular or metabolic pathologies.
- Gait disturbances: Like the difference in the length of the lower limbs.
What types of treatments are there?
For the treatment of orthopedic and trauma pathologies that may appear in children, there are non-invasive treatments, adequate footwear, physiotherapeutic exercises or orthotics, that is, corsets, splints and supports. When the pathology is very serious or has not been solved with these treatments, specialists recommend carrying out surgery to solve the problems of the patients.