Hemorrhoids are one of the most frequent proctological problems among the Spanish population. This pathology that affects people of all ages is suffered by approximately 50 to 60% of people in Spain.
It is important to clarify that everyone has hemorrhoids, since they are part of our anatomy but, when they increase in size, they start to bother or bleed or lose their initial location, that is when we are really facing a pathology that greatly affects the quality of life of people who suffer it.
What does the treatment for hemorrhoids include?
The treatment for hemorrhoids that we offer at THIS is performed on an outpatient basis, that is, you do not need a stay in the clinic and local anesthesia is used. After the 25 or 30 minutes that the intervention lasts, the patient should go home and rest for 1 or 2 days. This treatment includes:
- Consultation and diagnosis: A first consultation with the specialist to assess each case in particular.
- Surgical sessions: If you purchase the treatment through our online store you will have up to 5 sessions, since the number of sessions varies between different patients.
- Review of the proctological health status: Through a diagnostic test called anuscopy, which consists of inserting a tubular instrument in the anus to correctly identify possible pathologies of the anus and the lower rectum.
- Post-intervention reviews: Once the surgical sessions are over, it is important that the specialists monitor the results for at least 6 months.
Why should I have hemorrhoids treatment through THIS?
At THIS we focus on offering the best medical services on the island of Tenerife to all our patients. For all consultations and treatments related to proctology, we work with the Instituto Proctológico Dr. Padrón, a specialized center that has been treating pathologies related to the anus and rectum for more than 30 years. Due to the nature and location of these pathologies, it is essential that you choose a clinic that can guarantee you reliable results so that you do not have to repeat the treatments in the future.
If you are thinking of starting with hemorrhoid treatment, we offer you an online environment where you can buy it directly or reserve it for free. Do you want to know all the advantages of our online store?
- Personalized assistance: As not everyone speaks the same language or has the same needs, we offer specific assistance to answer all the questions that arise from the treatments we offer in our online store.
- Always available: Being an online environment, our store is open 365 days a year and 24 hours a day.
- Guarantee: All the treatments and consultations that we offer in our online store have the same guarantee as if you buy them directly in the clinics.
- Total assistance: If you have any questions about the operation of the store or services, we will answer all your questions by email email@example.com.
- Instant confirmation: Once you have purchased or reserved your consultation or treatment you will receive a digital confirmation so that you can present it at the clinic.
How much does the hemorrhoid intervention cost?
For the treatment of hemorrhoids there are two types of treatment, the therapeutic ones that allow reducing the discomfort in some cases a little and do not completely; and surgical ones.
These surgical treatments are recommended when hemorrhoids are severe or recurring and involve great discomfort for people’s daily lives. For hemorrhoids to stop being a problem in your day to day it is important that you undergo this treatment in a clinic specialized in proctology that can offer you a correct diagnosis and follow-up of the results.
You can buy your hemorrhoid treatment now for € 957 or book it completely free through our online store and pay directly at the clinic for € 1,063.
What do I need to know about hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are dilations of the veins that are located in the rectum and anus and there are different factors that can cause this dilation, among which we find being overweight, pregnancy and even genetics. In addition, overexertion when defecating, that is, constipation is also one of the main causes of hemorrhoid problems as well as stress.
In the same way that there are different factors that can cause hemorrhoid problems, we can also find that there are different types of hemorrhoids:
- Internal: They are found inside the anus and sometimes they prolapse outwards. Of all the types of hemorrhoids that exist, these are the most bleeding and annoying.
- External: They are those that always appear outside the anal canal and do not disappear due to inflammation.
- Congested: It includes those hemorrhoids that prolapse out of the anus due to great efforts such as those of childbirth.
- Hemorrhoidal thrombosis: It is a special type of hemorrhoid that comes out of the anal canal producing a purplish lump together with intense pain.
Therefore, now that we know the types of hemorrhoids and how they affect our body, we can know that their most frequent symptoms are bleeding, prolapse and itching or pruritus, but these are also joined as we have seen in thrombosis. hemorrhoidal pain.
To reduce the possibility of suffering these problems, from THIS we recommend drinking plenty of water during the day, eating a healthy diet, avoiding spicy foods and alcohol, practicing physical exercise daily, and going to a specialized proctology center regularly such as the Instituto Proctológico Dr Padrón that they can follow us up and avoid these problems or treat them on time.